Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

August & September Coordinates


August was a slow month for Lolita, but September was super busy! I staffed/paneled at two conventions, went to a tea party, and hung out with friends.

Also! I know I'm not the best at generating blog content, but recently I got a request on tumblr for a sewing tutorial. I'm not sure I'd be the best at a tutorial, but would anyone be interested in a sew-along? I think I could do that!

Read on for the outfits.
The LA Lolitas had a tea party in honor of the Korean brand LIEF, complete with a video call with the designer herself! The tea house was adorable, with a garden theme, and the title of the event was "The Seven Rabbits" so I twinned with a friend as black rabbits wearing LIEF's Carousel Theater print.

That was it for August--I think everyone was still trying to recover from AX and SDCC in July.



“Carousel Theater” Skirt LIEF
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
Bunny Ears handmade by me
Hair Accessories LIEF/Surface Spell
Jewelry Forever21
Tights offbrand
Boots Bodyline

Next up was Pacific Media Expo! I was staffing this year, so I didn't have a lot of time to really explore the convention, but I still had an amazing time. I mostly worked in the boutique, and also hosted three panels (two educational and one guest panel).

For Saturday, I wore a boystyle outfit, which ended up coming in really handy since there was a lot of setup to do the first day--the shorts meant I could be mobile and help properly!


Herringbone Shorts & Vest handmade by me
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
Twill Beret handmade by me
Accessories Surfacespell/Forever21
Socks Alice and the Pirates
Boots Bodyline

On Sunday, I wanted to wear something that the guests had brought with their shop, so I coordinated around the lovely Sheglit tights that I got through Lorina Liddel. I wanted the tights to really stand out, so the rest of the outfit was pretty plain, relying on textures for variety. (I also apologize for the boring shoes--I was already over wearing cute uncomfortable ones, haha.)


“Acanthus” Skirt Innocent World
Velveteen Bustier Metamorphose
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
Tights Sheglit (via Lorina Liddell)
Bonnet Mystery Garden
Hair Accessories Surfacespell
Jewelry handmade by me/Forever21/vintage

Monday was the fashion show, so I didn't wear anything fancy. I wanted to be comfortable, so I just wore my AatP cutsew OP with plain tights and shoes. Overall, PMX was a ton of fun to staff, and I'm already looking forward to what we can accomplish next year!

After PMX, I went to Gaslight Gathering, a local Steampunk mini-con run by some of our Comic-Con friends. They had invited me and the SD Lolita community to do a presentation on the fashion, but we weren't scheduled until Sunday so I went to just hang out on Saturday.

I wore a pirate coordinate with the new JSK that I got at PMX! I thought the pirate theme wouldn't look too out of place at a Steampunk event, and people really liked it.


“Rose’s Prisoner in Pirate’s Ship” JSK & Socks Alice and the Pirates
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
“Fairytales” Pochette Alice and the Pirates
Pirate Hat decorated by me
Necklace Black Peace Now
Jewelry Forever21/vintage
Boots Bodyline

For Sunday of Gaslight, I wore the religious-style JSK that I had finished the week before. Unfortunately, I never got any good pictures of my outfit. We presented a "Lolita 101"-type panel, and then walked around and showed people our outfits. Everyone was really engaged and asked great questions--probably the most lively audience we've had for a panel, so it was really fun!


"Divine Cross" JSK & Headdress handmade by me
Rosier Chiffon Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Socks BABY
Jewelry Forever21
Shoes Bodyline

And last but not least, there is always my comm's monthly swap meet! The weather has been really hot lately, so I went with something simple and (what I hoped would be) light. 


“Ticking Stripe” JSK handmade by me
Ivory Blouse handmade by me
Headband unknown
Socks Metamorphose
Shoes Bodyline
Jewelry handmade by me

I'm excited for October, since that means cooler weather and Halloween coordinates! Up next, two new sewing projects and some cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. Cute outfits! You always look so lovely and polished. :)
    I'd love to see some more sewing posts on this blog, and perhaps a walk-through of your process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing your outfits; you have an awesome style!

    ReplyDelete