Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

ComCom 2012: My First Visit to Mexico!

In March, the Tijuana Lolitas had BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT as a special guest for the Tijuana anime convention, ComCom! I decided this would be my first trip to Mexico--sounds like a pretty good reason, right?

Me and the BABY SF shop staff!

Read on for outfits and a little more about my exciting trip.


I carpooled down with a friend, and we spent all of Saturday at the convention, and then came back down to Tijuana for a special tea party with the BABY San Francisco shop staff at an adorable cafe.

My coordinate for Saturday was music-themed.

There was a fashion show/contest at the convention, but I didn't win anything. Ah well, c'est la vie.


I bought this gorgeous dress, Alice and the Pirates' "End of Immortal Eden" print in green at the BABY booth during the convention. I just had to wear it the next day for the tea party. I've definitely been leaning towards a more classic look these days. Now I just need an off-white purse to have the perfect outfit... I had to make do with the black x white one since it was kind of a last-minute outfit with the new dress.

The event was a lot of fun--the cafe had a princess theme!--and everyone was very nice. I had a little trouble since I don't speak any Spanish, but most of the girls spoke decent English, and the shop staff were in the same boat as me, so we had a good time chatting.

I don't know that I'll be heading down to Mexico again any time soon, unless the Mexican Lolitas have another big event, but it was worth the three-hour border waits to get my hands on a new dress!

1 comment: