Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Easiest Pineapple Cupcakes Ever (And Low-Calorie, Too)


No seriously, the post title isn't lying. I made these cupcakes at the beginning of the month, and they were a surprise hit. Read on for more!


I found this recipe on SkinnyTaste after someone posted it to Reddit, and since my husband loves pineapple, I just had to try them out. The cake itself is just two ingredients--a box of yellow cake mix, and a 20oz can of crushed pineapple.


I frosted them with a basic cream cheese vanilla frosting, and topped them with slices of fresh pineapple from a whole one that we got in our Easter basket. The cake is moist and squashy (in a good way, I promise) and one cupcake is surprisingly low-calorie, even with frosting!


I personally liked them best unfrosted, but they were good both ways. If you need a quick baked dessert and you like pineapple, then I would definitely try these out. You can't go wrong with just two ingredients.

I tried making them again this weekend, but I used orange cake mix instead. They weren't as good, honestly, so I would stick to just yellow or white cake. The orange really covered up the pineapple flavor.

Next time, I might try throwing in some coconut for a pina colada flavor like the original baker suggests. If you try it out with any other type of cake, let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment