Read on for more pictures and some construction notes.
The commission was for Mayuri's dress and hat, and Okabe's long lab coat. I received the customer's measurements earlier in September, and the due date was September 26th (for Anime Weekend Atlanta).
Mayuri's dress was the easiest, since I make a lot of dresses! I drafted a pattern with a short bodice and a circle skirt, to try and match the drape of the screenshots and figures. The hat was a modified sunhat with a gathered brim.
For Okabe's coat, I modified a blazer pattern by lengthening the panels and pulling it in at the sides (to create the open look, much like I did with Kirito's trenchcoat). The front pocket welt is just for show.
One thing I learned from this--I think I need a second dressform! It would make things soooo much easier. Maybe it would be a good Christmas present to myself, haha.
If I have ever made a costume or Lolita item for you, I'd love to get a picture of it worn to share here and on my Facebook page! I really like seeing people wear my work.