Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Outfit Recap: so many fun holiday events!


December was a busy month for Lolita events, with International Lolita Day (the biannual "unofficial" Lolita holiday) and multiple Christmas meetups. I also had a chance to dress up with my family for the holidays! It was also a really busy month for sewing, but I'll save that for another post.
The first meetup was a last-minute casual meet (we're fond of those in our comm) at the usual tea place, so I put together a pretty simple winter-y outfit for it.


"Tartan Velvet" JSK handmade by me
High Collar Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Crown Emblem Socks Alice and the Pirates
Hair Accessories handmade by me & Surface Spell
Shoes Bodyline
Jewelry BABY & Forever21

For International Lolita Day, I really wanted to wear my newest JSK (purchased at PMX, remember?) and also really wanted to have an underskirt with it for some reason. So I made an underskirt very last minute, oops! I was really pleased that everything did come together in the end.


"Funeral Procession of Roses" JSK Alice and the Pirates
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
Chiffon Underskirt handmade by me
Veil Headband Alice and the Pirates
Lace OTK Socks BABY
"Fairytales Pochette" Alice and the Pirates
Hair Roses Surface Spell
Jewelry Necrosarium & Forever21
Shoes Bodyline

For our community Christmas meetup, the theme was "The Nutcracker", so I put together an ouji coordinate inspired by Herr Drosselmeyer for the meetup and to go see the ballet with a few friends. We had a lot of fun at both events. (I actually made the vest the night before in about five hours--this seems to be my month for last-minute sewing projects...)


"Herr Drosselmeyer" Vest handmade by me
"Prince Conrad" Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Velour Shorts Alice and the Pirates
Harlequin Tights Alice and the Pirates
"Fairytales Pochette" Alice and the Pirates
Top Hat offbrand (decorated by me)
Boots Bodyline
Cape vintage
Jewelry Necrosarium & Forever21

For the big Los Angeles holiday meetup, Fairytale Boutique hosted a tea party with Fumiko from Enchantlic Enchantilly at a tea room in Little Tokyo, and then a fun afterparty at the shop in the evening. I wanted to wear something with a more Christmas-y color scheme, and also wanted to wear something a bit Chantilly-inspired (since I don't actually own anything from her other than socks). I wasn't 100% happy with the coordinate since I didn't really have the right shoes, but it came together okay I think.


"Cranberry Shantung" JSK & Bonnet handmade by me
"Sophia" Blouse BABY
Harlequin OTK Socks Alice and the Pirates
Shoes Bodyline
Hair Roses Surface Spell
Jewelry Forever21

Finally, when I traveled up to a different state to visit my parents for Christmas, I brought along a simple, easy-to-pack coordinate for Christmas dinner. My extended family all thought it was nice, and I was pretty happy with how it worked together even though it was so simple.


"Carousel Theater" Skirt & Bows LIEF
Lace Collar Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Harlequin OTK Socks Alice and the Pirates
Shoes Bodyline
Jewelry Forever21
Hair Roses Surface Spell

January is looking to be a pretty busy month as well, so I'm already getting excited~!

No comments:

Post a Comment