Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2016

April, May, & June Coordinates


With the Anime Expo crush over the last couple of months, I haven't had much time to wear Lolita (or blog, apparently) so I only have ten coordinates in the last three months.

Wait, did I say ten?! Somehow, even with all of the convention planning, cosplay sewing, and friend-wrangling, I managed to be able to wear a lot of Lolita.


First in April was the annual Spring/Easter picnic at the park. The theme was "flowers" but I'm not really much of a floral person, so I went with roses (and bunnies!) instead.


“Briar Rabbit’s Paysage” JSK & Bow Alice and the Pirates
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
Beret handmade by me
Tights Alice and the Pirates

Part of the reason I wore so much Lolita was because I recently have been trying very hard to dress up at least once a week--I always feel like I have so many cute dresses and never occasions to wear them, so I figured, why not wear them anyway? So this was a casual outfit with a new skirt that I made.


Micro Houndstooth Skirt, Headband handmade by me
Frill Frill Blouse, Socks BABY
Jewelry handmade by me
Cat Fred

I wanted to wear my newest JSK to the April swap meet, so I did! I am in love with this dress--it has dancing cats on it!


“Waltz Under the Moonlight Chandelier” JSK & hair accessories LIEF
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
Necklace Black Peace Now
“Fairytales” Pochette Alice and the Pirates

There was a "wizarding school" themed meetup, and while most of my friends went with more student-oriented outfits, I decided I wanted to be a professor, and came up with my very first Aristocrat coordinate! Unfortunately I'm very wrinkly in all the pictures because of the long car ride.


Pirate Vest handmade by me
Pants Atelier Boz
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
“Fairytales” Pochette Alice and the Pirates

One of my friends hosted a tea party with a nautical theme, so I tried something a little different from the usual pirate--Classic pirate? I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out, but I think it came together well enough for being a bit of a weird combination.


“Night Ship Alice” Skirt Alice and the Pirates
“Printemps” Blouse Juliette et Justine
Jacket handmade by me
Hat Bella Bows, decorated by me

I kept it casual for the May swap meet, since work had been very stressful recently and I didn't want to spend a lot of time getting ready. Tried using my real hair again, and no contacts!


“Peonies Series” Skirt LIEF
“Musette” Bustier Innocent World

International Lolita Day was a great success again this year--we had it at Extraordinary Desserts, one of my favorite places! They were really lovely to us even with the huge group, and posted a picture of our group on their social media. Depressingly, my camera had an SD card malfunction, and I got no pictures from the event, so these photos were taken by my friend.


“End of Immortal Eden” JSK & Bonnet Alice and the Pirates
Socks Metamorphose
Jewelry handmade by me

There was a fashion walk in the style of the ones in LA, along the waterfront. It was surprisingly cold! I met some new people and invited them to the community, and made friends with a few photographers, too.


“Dance of the Black Cats” JSK Alice and the Pirates
Sheer Blouse handmade by me
Socks Alice and the Pirates
Jewelry handmade by me/Forever21
Hair Accessories Surfacespell

Ended up wearing a religious-themed outfit for the June swap meet--for some weird reason, every time I wear this JSK I somehow am unable to take good pictures! Last time I forgot, this time it was too dark by the time I was able to. Maybe someday I'll be able to show it off properly...


"Divine Cross" JSK & Headdress handmade by me
Sheer Blouse handmade by me
Socks BABY
Jewelry Forever21

Last but certainly not least is my semi-oldschool outfit for the Kamikaze Girls movie meetup hosted by the LA Lolitas! It was really fun to watch the movie again in a real theater, and I wore the first Lolita dress I ever bought--it's from 2007! While my outfit was not 100% authentic oldschool, I think it captured the feeling of mid-2000's BABY style pretty well.


“Tart Embroidery” JSK & Socks BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Chiffon Frill Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Headdress Alice and the Pirates
Jewelry BABY/offbrand

July truly is a very busy month for me, so I probably won't be able to dress up until Comic-Con, so I will see you all later~

1 comment:

  1. Such cute outfits! :) You look great!
    Love,
    Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete