Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes with the Best Frosting I Have Ever Made


Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!


Yesterday was a Lolita meetup in Seattle, with a potluck picnic, so of course I had to make cupcakes! I was in the mood for chocolate, but I didn't want to do the same thing I had done before, so I decided to do a chocolate mint frosting. I'd been dying to try out The Cupcake Project's "Favorite Chocolate Frosting", but I also added a half teaspoon of peppermint extract for a little extra flavor.


They turned out really good! The recipe is Cupcake Project's "Better Than Sex" chocolate cupcakes, again, but this time I used mini chocolate chips like the recipe suggests, and it turned out much better than the last time. I used Dagoba dark chocolate cocoa powder for both the cupcakes and the frosting, which made these cupcakes a little less sweet, which I liked. The frosting is definitely my new favorite, because the unsweetened cocoa powder cuts the sweetness of the powdered sugar. You almost can't tell its a cream cheese frosting at all!


I wore my Heart Marble Cookie jumperskirt again to the meetup. Since this is basically the same coordinate as last time, I won't bore you with the details. The event was "Lullaby Moon" at Gasworks Park, and it was lovely! Very odd, and sometimes kind of slow, but a very artistic performance nonetheless. I'll have to see if I can go again next year.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps not only the best frosting you've ever concocted, but also the best frosting I've ever consumed! Yum!

    ReplyDelete