Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cosplay Plans for 2014

It seems like my year is pretty evenly split between cosplay and Lolita--Lolita takes up most of fall and winter, and cosplay the spring and summer. January is when I start to seriously plan the year's cosplays, including research, reference image collecting, tutorial reading, and budgeting.


This year, I have three new costumes planned (well, really closer to two and a half), plus last year's classic Sailor Uranus will get some time as well. I'm really excited about all of these! There's something new, something old, and of course my favorite Senshi.

Read on for more details.
This year, I'm trying to stick with my goal of doing at least one older, more nostalgic character, and one character from a new show. Last year, that was Sailor Uranus and Lady Knight. This year, it's Satsuki Kiryuin and Nuriko!

Satsuki Kiryuin is a badass semi-villainess from the new hit show Kill la Kill. The show is great--fantastic art, good writing, and it's made by the same people who did Gurran Lagann and Panty and Stocking.


Satsuki appeals to me because of her strong facial features, long legs, and badass personality. She has a very revealing transformed version of her costume, as well, which I would love to do, but I'm just not well-endowed enough in the, ahem, boobs, to pull that one off. Luckily, with the high neckline of untransformed Junketsu (the name of her uniform) it will be easy to stuff the ladies to the proper size. I'm also looking forward to another short outfit that shows off the legs I've been working so hard for at the gym!

Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi is one of my all-time favorites from one of the first serious shojo anime that I ever watched. I have so much love and nostalgia for the character. He's a male crossdresser who likes guys and girls, and has super strength (among many other great qualities).


It's going to be fun to do something in the traditional Chinese style, since it's not something I've done before. Plus I have a feeling the outfit is going to be really comfortable to wear! Now if only I could find a Tasuki or Hotohori cosplayer to do a photoshoot with...

The last one is the Super version of Sailor Uranus from Sailor Moon. I've really come to love Haruka as a character and all of her outfits/versions are goals that I have. I decided to start with the Super version, since I can actually keep the same base fuku from the original cosplay. I just need to make a new collar, choker, and butt bow!


I'll also be doing the Super version of Sailor Neptune for my friend. We're hoping to be able to do our Super versions for Anime Conji in April! The rest of them aren't planned to debut until Anime Expo, but if I get things done sooner you might see Satsuki at Conji as well (fingers crossed!).

Last year I didn't do very many cosplay posts, but this year I'm going to try and do more updates, progress pictures, and maybe even a tutorial (if I get comfortable enough with a particular element).

I can't wait to get started on all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment