Hello everyone, I'm finally back and busy after an amazing vacation. I've had the sewing itch for the last few days, so I got started on a few different projects, and finished one today! I fell in love with the fabric when I ordering a for a commission a while ago, and I'm so glad that I got it.
This time, the design was inspired by Innocent World, since I love what they do with overall printed pieces. I'm planning to wear it to Disneyland in a few weeks as part of a Nightmare Before Christmas coordinate, but until then, here are some more pictures and construction notes~
The fabric is printed cotton, and on the thin side, so the jumperskirt is fully lined. I knew I wanted to do a tiered skirt with the pattern before I got started, but the underbust idea came at the last minute, and I knew it would be perfect. The bodice pattern is modified from GosuRori volume 10, and the skirt is basically just math, haha.
The back has thin waist ties, and I love how the high neckline really emphasizes the print on the back. This will be a good one to wear with short wigs! The skirt has three rows of lace, with the two middle rows being a very narrow crocheted scallop to keep it from getting too busy.
I had the front bow in my initial sketch for the design, but after it was mostly done, I wasn't quite so sure if I wanted it or not. I went ahead and made it, since it's on a pin back, and ended up really liking it. I was afraid it would cut in to the underbust too much, but I think it adds the right amount of decoration.
I also made a matching headbow to go with it. I think a head-eating bow would have been super cute, but I don't personally like those very much, so I opted for a smaller, more understated one that is tilted to one side. I still have a little bit of fabric left, so I'm thinking of making a couple small bows and putting them on hair clips, so that I can coordinate with a beret.
I'm really happy with how it turned out, and can't wait to wear it in a couple of weeks. Up next, two cosplay commissions and a personal cosplay project!