Well, I can. But it wasn't easy! And while I am very pleased with the results, I probably won't be making another one any time soon.
|Terrible picture, but it shows the corset well enough.|
Here's the prototype made out of scrap fabric, marked with my adjustments in red Sharpie. I basically put together a mock-up, tried it on, and marked where it needed to be taken in, where the bones should lay, and so on.
The inner layer is a nice heavy cotton twill, the next best thing to real corset coutil (which I didn't get because it's very expensive).This was before I put the outer layer on, which is a wide-rib cotton pique with roses woven in. There are twenty-six steel bones: four flat bones in the back (surrounding the gromments), two flat bones in the front next to the busk, and twenty coiled steel bones in the body.
Part three is coming up next, featuring a Steampunk coordinate and an up-cycled Comic-Con bag.