Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

June Coordinates & Lolita Weekend in Tijuana

June has been so busy for me with cosplay, so I was really glad to have a few opportunities to dress up and relax. Lolita Weekend with Misako Aoki in Tijuana was a wonderful break from Anime Expo preparation!


Read on for three outfits and a few quick snaps from the event!
Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera on the trip to Mexico, so these pictures are taken by LovelyLor's boyfriend, and used with his permission. He took many great pictures of the event, so please check out Lor's posts and videos covering the weekend!

Part of the theme of the weekend was focusing on Lolita indie designers, so I wanted to show my support for that by wearing indie brands with my coordinates.


"Mozarabic Chant" Skirt and Headband Krad Lanrete
Musette Bustier Innocent World
Chiffon Blouse handmade by me
Ribbon Boston Bag Alice and the Pirates
Socks BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Boots Bodyline
Hair Roses Surface Spell
Jewelry Forever21

The first day was like a mini-convention, with a panel that had interviews and a small fashion show with the different substyles, and a special interview with Misako. There was a small boutique as well.

I discovered pretty quickly that the language barrier was going to be a problem at the panel--at least until the Misako interview! I understood enough of the Japanese to get the gist of the questions, so as long as I could hear the translator and Misako's answers, I was able to translate the general idea for the other non-Spanish speakers. It was quite fun seeing how much Japanese I could remember!

The second day was a bigger event, so I tried to come up with a more "OTT" outfit for it, featuring two indie brands, LIEF and Mystery Garden. This was the first time wearing the new bonnet with an actual coordinate, too.


"Carousel Theater" Skirt and Bows LIEF
Rosier Chiffon Blouse Alice and the Pirates
Gold x Black Socks Alice and the Pirates
Chiffon Bonnet Mystery Garden
Wristcuffs Angelic Pretty
Ribbon Boston Bag Alice and the Pirates
Shoes Bodyline
Rose Hair Clips Surface Spell
Jewelry handmade by me and Forever21

The theme for Sunday was "Dream High Tea Party". It was at a garden, and we had a full high-tea for food. There was another interview with Misako, and a special fashion show of all the indie brands. Each of the models talked a bit about the brands, but unfortunately I couldn't understand most of it. Everyone also had a chance to get a photo with Misako and get something signed. We didn't have anything for her to sign, but we got some pictures!


I feel so tall standing next to her, she was so polite and I was in awe of her ability to keep meeting people and smiling when she was so tired from the time zone change. There was also a group photo and a raffle, but unfortunately we had to leave before that so that we could get back home across the border in a timely fashion.


The Mexican community is so warm and friendly, and they are so accommodating of my inability to speak Spanish! Everyone was so nice, and tried their best with English to make us feel welcome. I had a lot of fun seeing old faces and meeting new ones, and will definitely go back for their next big event in Tijuana.

Then on Friday, even with Anime Expo looming close, it was time to unwind at our community's monthly swap meet. There were so many new faces this week, I had trouble keeping up with everyone, but I love seeing our group slowly grow.


"Grand Staff" JSK and Bow handmade by me
Frill Frill Blouse BABY
Logo Socks BABY
Fairytales Pochette Alice and the Pirates
Beret offbrand
Jewelry handmade by me
Shoes Bodyline

I can't believe it's already going to be July! I am so not ready for Anime Expo, but that's okay--I'll make it through somehow. See you next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment